Home arrow FAQs

Frequently Asked Questions - Printable Media

Below are the regularly asked questions regarding printable media - Simply click on the question to see the answer. However, if you still aren't able to find an answer to your question, please feel free to contact us.

What type of paper is right for my printer?

The key thing to stick to is the obvious, Inkjet papers for Inkjet Printers and Laser Paper for Laser Printers. There is more information on which printers it suits best on the website under the individual paper types.

If you wanted to know which paper is best for a specific make and model, then please contact our experienced Sales team and they will be more than happy to help.

How durable are the transfers?

Due to the fact that these are printed on a standard inkjet or laser printer, the durability is less than the cad-cut materials, print and cut materials and custom transfers. We would not recommend using the Media Paper if they are to be worn/used on an everyday basis.

What are the papers best used for?

These transfers are best suited to events such as Stag Do's/Hen Parties, etc, where longevity is not important.

With inkjet printers, should I use the “Best Photo Quality” setting when printing?

Please refer to the download section on the website which gives individual instructions for each paper.

What is the difference between “solvent” and “eco-solvent ink”?

Basically, it can be said that eco-solvent inks are virtually odour free, and do not require any special ventilation or environmental equipment. They are generally considered less aggressive than full solvent ink.

Can I cut a contour/profile around the design once it has been printed?

Yes, you can, providing you have a cutter with an optical eye installed. As long as you print registration marks, you can pass it through your cutter and it can pick up the design from there.

< Prev   Next >